Well the time has come to restore a Joomla website. Luckily it was my own site that needed to be restored.
I was able to restore my site from a full backup I took over the weekend. I took less time time than I thought it would and was easier also. The front end of the site was intact, it was the administration side that was broken.
The application I used to recover my site is, AkeebaBackup, the same I use on every installation I an charged with. It is very comforting to know it works and is straight forward to execute.
Kudos to Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos and his team for producing the most important extension you can add to a Joomla website.